I’ve never really done strength training. My swimming provided fitness training and, of course it made me stronger but it wasn’t actually strength training. I tried with Erik when I lived in Dallas but our enthusiasm ran out after just a couple of months. The strange thing is that I’m faced with an odd situation of actually needing to eat more. I just added up my food for today.
- 2 Cups of Coffee (0 *)
- 1 Large Bowl Chicken Laksa Soup (630 cal, 43g P, 49g CH, 31g Fat)
- 4 Pieces of Bacon (300 cal, 32g P, 0 CH, 19g Fat)
- 1 Yellow Pepper (50 cal, 2g P, 12g CH, 1g Fat)
- 2 Medium Tomatos (22 cal, 1g P, 5g CH, 0.2g Fat)
- 1 Large Hummus Tub (632 cal, 22g P, 27g CH, 83g Fat)
- 2 White Pitta (300 cal, 12.5g P, 59g CH, 1.5g Fat)
- 3 Cups of Milk (438 cal, 24g P, 33g CH, 24g Fat)
This makes my total for the day:
- 2,372 Calories
- 136.5 grams Protein (28%)
- 185 grams Carbohydrates (38%)
- 160 grams Fat (34%)
The dietary guide that I’ve been reading suggests about 3,000 calories, 180g Protein, 180g Carbohydrates and 120g Fat. It looks like I need to try to get my protein and carbohydrates up and my fat intake down a bit. Unfortunately, it appears that hummus might have to be reconsidered as a major part of my diet and I might have to start drinking semi-skim milk again.
Tonight was the first night of my circuit. I’m absolutely stunned at how little strength I have in my upper legs. Everything else made about the showing I expected but I could barely manage fifteen pound weights in each hand while doing static lunges and even then I barely made my 15 reps per set. I’m looking forward to seeing how long I can keep this up though!
Weigh in: 78 Kg